Thursday, February 14, 2013

Opening: The Valentine's Day Kpop Playlist


  Every body loves V-day ( aka. living Vicariously through cheesey as hell couples day); enough chocolate can make anything feel pretty sweet, and I guess somewhere in the deep, cragly crevices of our cardiac meat cages, we all kind of have a soft spot for pastel colors and flowers.
Otherwise you wouldn't be on this blog. Clicking this link. Because there is very little cheesier than some good old kpop! ( Even Park Kyung knows it.) So In light of the celebration then, and as a fun opening day for this blog,  I'd like to share some of the most up beat and romantic kpop and korean language songs that best suit the commercial attitude we take towards this here holiday; something fun, light, sweet and romantic in mood- in hopes that you can pick up on the feeling too.  Or fangirl/fanboy uncontrolably about some really pretty people we can never have...so without further ado, I welcome you to share in the mass hysteria. Valentines style.

#1: Block B's Park Kyung's " Cringing" or "Cheesey Cheesey"

Why Spanish subs? Uh, cuz Spanish is a romantic language. Duh. Except " Murcielago." That one is quite terrifying. Like the animal is pretty cute but that word is so wildly out of proportion it plays with your mind, that one. I mean one time-


#2 Humming Urban Stereo's "Love Jam"


The beeping and the piano rift are so addicting in this song; Cannibalism was never so romantic. Or fashion forward.

#3 Big Bang's "Bad Boy"
Big Bangs RnB hit is ridiculously smooth and persuasive; It's blue and subdued, but glitters in all the right places.

#4 Exo's "What is Love"

Take that tragic flirtation from "Bad Boy", slather it up with vocals smooth like butter, a more exotic beat, and an atmospheric pace, and gull, I can't explain how I feel.






 
                                                                                             

#5 G- Dragon's " 1 Year Station"
GD is pretty well known for his boastful electro hip hop numbers, but this adorable song off 2009's Heart Breaker oozes sugar and devotion like a diabetic puppy.

#6 Seungri's " Open the Window" feat. G-dragon
This one is one of those tracks that got no fair promotion because it's not a crazy Eurodance number like "What Should I Do?" But it's pretty romantic and brassy. A huge stand out track in his discography.

#7 Gummy's "I'm Sorry" ( The Japanese Version)
One of my all time favorite songs and videos. I'd be lying if I said I didn't try to squeeze this into every single one of my playlists. But seriously speaking, the gentle synth, the piano, that guitar riff, and her crooning voice all make for  such a nostalgic and moving love song. Isn't this what apologizing to someone you really love should be like?

#8 Clazziquai Project's "The Sweetest Name"
#9 G-Dragon's "That XX"

This was the heartfelt love song GD had to do to get the media off his back. Also the cinematography? Uuuughn. So. Good. And that coral blazer. I want it.

 #10 Big Bang's "Fool"


 What can I say? YG just knows how to bring in the love song. Speaking of which-



#11 Rain's "Love Song"

 Never knew stripping could be so emotional. But it can be. It can be.





#11 IU's "No, Not This"
 

Something thoughtful to ponder on naivity, growing up, and first love on a balcony by the French seaside- though that violin is some kind of sensual, I swear.


#12 Aziatix's " Be With You" Rock Remix

 The earnest transition song, because up next-


#13 Super Junior's "It's You"

This is a kpop classic. It all comes down to an emotional confession at the end of the day.

All right, that's what I allow myself, least I find myself a slave to itunes the rest of the night. So what about you guys? Anybody have some V-day songs they think fare better?


1 comment:

  1. Hahaha. You're so much better a blogger than I am. I laughed like four times already. I like the changes you made too, it looks good.

    You might want to make your posts expandable though, so that they don't take up too much space on the front page.

    ReplyDelete